Homework Contract February 9-13th, 2015
Spelling Words: ankle title apple cable fable table able stable purple bugle bundlebubble sparkle tickle giggle wiggle
Challenge Words: quilt pretended blankets stitched welcomeWOW: STATE:forgiveness Oklahoma
1. Write each spelling word 2 times.
2. Use -er (for 2) or -est (for 3 or more) on the end of each word to compare.Jan is ______ than I am. (brave) My class is the _______ of all. (nice)Her pencil is _______ than mine. (long) Sue is the ________ runner of all. (fast)My mom is ______ than yours. (tall) The red car is _______ than the blue one. (slow)
3. Math Sheet
1. Write the Spelling Words in ABC order.
2. Circle the adjective in each sentence. (describing word)The bell made a loud sound. Mom poured the sour milk down the drain.The bitter chocolate needs more sugar. The wet towels are hanging up.
3. Math Sheet4. Read!!
1. Write spelling words one time each and circle the vowels.
2. Circle the adjectives in each sentence. *There may be more than one in each sentence.The long, slimy worm slithered through the wet mud.The big scary monster was chasing me.Dad borrowed five nails from Ken.
3. Math Sheet4. Read: "Quilt Story" Open Book Reading Test on Thursday!Thursday1. Give your child a practice spelling test. STUDY!!2. Prepare your valentine cards or goodies. :)3. Math Sheet!4. READ!!