Welcome to Rowland-Norment Elementary SchoolHome of the Dino-Mite Dinosaurs!Principal's Message:Dear Parents,
On behalf of the staff at Rowland Norment Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know that a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily, arrives on time, and is prepared for the day’s learning experience,
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers,
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills,
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life,
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject, and
6) Knows that you expect him/her to do their best everyday.
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities (these are just a few):
1) Assisting a teacher with instructional support in the classroom,
2) Reading with children who need extra help,
3) School-wide events/Celebrations,
4) Student recognition events, and/or
5) Advisory Council/PTO/Title I Parent Night Activities
Please review the information contained within the Parent-Student Handbook with your child. The Parent-Student Handbook outlines rules, policies, and procedures that parents and students are expected to adhere to at Rowland Norment Elementary School. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. You will have access to the Rowland Norment Parent-Student Handbook online, but if you need a print copy, please do not hesitate to ask. I am excited about this upcoming year and I feel privileged and blessed to be a part of this school family. Thank you in advance for your support and I look forward to meeting and working with each of you this school year.
Dr. Tara D. Bullard