Career Development Coordinator (CDC) and
Special Populations Coordinator (SPC)
(Serving Fairmont High, Fairmont Middle and Orrum Middle Schools)
School Phone: 910-628-6727
* * * As the Career Development Coordinator, I serve the teachers and students in the manner of Career/Resource Counselor. In this role, I help students explore their Career Interest and I assist them in becoming aware of their own individual "Learning Style". Determining a student's learning style can be crucial to their success in class, high school (as a whole), and ultimately it can help with the development of whatever career they will eventually pursue, as well as ALL of their future endeavors. Also, I can counsel with students one-on-one to help them determine their interests and possible career goals. Make sure to check out my "Career Websites" page to find internet websites that can help with your career choices.
* * * Some of our CTE courses here at FHS include:
* Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Publisher (Microsoft IT Academy)
* Accounting I & II
* Agriscience Applications
* Environmental & Natural Resources I & II
* Horticulture I & II
*Culinary Art and Hospitality
* Personal Finance
* Allied Health Sciences I & II
* Animal Science I and II
* Nursing Fundamentals
* Career Management
* Health Team Relations
* CTE Advanced Studies
* Entrepreneurship I and II
* * * I am also the advisor for FHS's Chapter of the National Technical Honor Society. Juniors and Seniors who are eligible to join the NTHS will be notified by November 2011. Members are eligible for various scholarships. Click on the left toolbar for more information on NTHS.
* * * I would also like to mention the other various CTE clubs that are available to students at FHS. These include:
Click on any of the above links for more information on those clubs.
I am SO EXCITED about the opportunity that I have to continue to serve the students and Staff at FHS! If you are a student, or the parent of a student, and are interested in any of these programs, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.