8th Grade Science Syllabus
2018-2019 School Year
Welcome to my class! I hope you all enjoyed your summer vacation. I look forward to a productive and fun year! There is much to learn about science, and we will cover some interesting subjects this year. Listed below are the NC Essential Standards for 8th Grade Science that will be covered this year.
- Matter: Properties and Change
- Energy Conservation and Transfer
- Earth Systems, Structures, and Processes
- Earth History
- Structure and Function of Living Organisms
- Evolution and Genetics
- Molecular Biology
I respect each and every student, and I expect the same in return. Students will be expected to complete all assignment as well as give 100% in the classroom daily. Class disruptions will not be tolerated. It is important that students understand that material being covered in class will not only prepare them for the upcoming Science EOG but also for science courses that will be taken in high school.
· Paper and Pencil
· 5 -Subject Notebook, index cards, coloring pencils
If you miss class, it is the students’ responsibility to ask about missing assignments
· Each student is responsible for completing all missed work
· Test/Class work cannot be made up during class. Tests can be made up at appropriate time
· Students have 5 days to make up any missed work
· A zero will be given for any work that is not made up within the 5 days given or if no arrangements have not been made to make up the work
The 8th Grade team work together effectively to promote student success. There are rules and procedures in place to ensure this happens. Violations will result in a teacher /student conference, secondly, a parent teacher conference, third, referral to the office
- Be in your seat and ready to begin work when the bell rings.
- Sit in your assigned seat daily.
- Respect others and their property at all times.
- Bring all books and materials to class daily.
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized
Rewarding positive student behavior is very important. Cat’s Cash will be rewarded daily. Personal rewards will also be given as well as other rewards such as: homework passes, free time, etc.
Student: __________________ Date: ____________
Parent/Guardian: ________________ Date: _____________