The Task Force on Youth Violence and School Safety put together six major recommendations that schools, parents and communities can use to prevent youth violence and make schools safer:
All parents must be involved in their Children's education.
- Student involvement is essential to promoting schools safety.
- Every school should be given the tools needed to develop and implement stronger school safety plans, including a set of accountability standards to measure the progress of their plan.
- Support efforts to provide every student and every school staff member with a school environment free from violence and the threat of violence, conducive to learning, and characterized by caring, respect for all, and sensitivity to diversity.
- Early identification of risk factors and behavioral problems must take place. Prevention and intervention strategies can be best implemented through early identification.
- Everyone must take responsibility for the communities where our youth are raised.