Advisor: Tianda GayCo-Advisor: Demetris ColemanRoom 114 MATTENTION: FEE INCREASE, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY $35.00 This fee is subject for increase by the natioanl headquarters.For Senior Chapel Recognition and to receive STOLE MUST complete activities based on POINTS TASK SHEET FOR STOLETo qualify for Senior Honors Stole, Must complete the requirements from the task sheet.You are required to complete task throughout the school year. See me for questions/concerns.Please see Mrs. Gay, your CTE teacher or Mrs. Coleman for an application.Must have 3.25 GPA in your Career Cluster/PathwayEnrollment now open for 11th and 12th graders
How to Join
Students/scholars who are identified as top performing students qualify for membership in the National Technical Honor Society. To apply, a student must meet requirements in the following areas:
- scholastic achievement
- skill development
- good character
- active membership in a career/technical student organization
Completion of an application does not guarantee membership. All portions of the application must be completed and returned by the deadline indicated. (See Application page.)
Red Springs High School NTHS Standards
NTHS candidates must have an overall CTE GPA of 3.25 or above on a 4.0 scale.
NTHS candidates must be classified as juniors or seniors.
Career/ Technical Student Organization Participation
NTHS candidates must be currently affiliated and active members of a CTSO and actively participate in organized leadership activities at the local level and/or recognized competitive events.
NTHS candidates must have completed or be enrolled in two CTE courses by or during the semester in which they apply for membership. Applicants must be enrolled in a CTE class during the semester in which they apply. Students must be working towards Career Cluster and pathway completion. Should the student not complete their Career Cluster pathway by or during the 2nd semester of their senior year they will forfeit membership to NTHS.
NTHS members should be good, honest, responsible student-citizens who have made a personal commitment to excellence and who agree to uphold the NTHS Standards of Conduct. Serious disciplinary infractions will disqualify an applicant from membership.
NTHS members must meet the attendance standards set by PSRC.
Members must earn participation points to be eligible for graduation regalia/stole. Additional cost.
Members will submit a one-time $32.00 national membership fee. An additional fee for graduation regalia (stole) will be charged during the senior year once you have earned participation points set by advisor
Student Membership Benefits
Membership in the National Technical Honor Society is an important career investment recognized by education, business and industry. Membership in the NTHS offers the following benefits:
ScholarshipsClick here for information about the NTHS scholarships.The application window for the Jon H. Poteat scholarship is currently open until midnight EST April (Check NTHS webpage for deadline. for Juniors and seniors may apply for the scholarship. Over 225 $1000 scholarships awarded. You could be a winner!Individual student leadership organization scholarships may have different application windows. Visit the link above to learn more.
- Added value and prestige to professional portfolio
- NTHS membership certificate, pin, card, window decal, white tassel, and official NTHS diploma seal
- Online educational and career resources
- NTHS scholarship eligibility
- Letters of recommendation for employment, college admissions, or scholarships
- Potential recruitment opportunities
- Opportunity to purchase additional NTHS gear online
- Opportunity for recognition at graduation
- All members will have NTHS membership denoted on their respective high school graduation programs.
- NTHS cords or medals will be awarded to those who have met the participation requirement. An additional fee will be charged for the graduation regalia (stole). Stoles are awarded at the Senior Chapel to exemplary members having completed the program of works.