Difference Between Mass and Weight Classwork Project 4.1
First and Last Name _________________
This week you will learn what your mass is and what you weigh on other planets. Using the scales in the classroom, complete this form.
- First go to the scales and weigh yourself on Earth. Record your weight _________ lbs.
- Multiply your weight times .4539 using a calculator. This is your Mass ________ kg.
- This is the mass of all the molecules in your body in kilograms.
- Your molecules, nor the number of your molecules change not matter if you are on Earth, Mars, or floating in outer space. Your Mass doesn’t change. It’s ________ kg.
- Now you need to see what you Weigh on other planets.
- Go to the website: “Your Weight on Other Worlds”. It should be the first choice “Exploritoruim”
- Enter your weight and click “Calculate”.
- Record what you would Weigh on other worlds.
- Pluto _____
- Mars _____
- Jupiter's Moon IO _____
- Mercury _____
- Jupiter _____
- Venus _____
- Jupiter's Moon Callisto _____
- Saturn _____
- Neptune _____
- Jupiter's Moon Ganymede _____
- Uranus _____
- The Sun (our sun) _____
- A white Dwarf Star (sun) _____
- Jupiter's Moon Europa _____