On behalf of our students, faculty and staff, welcome to Pembroke Middle School. I am excited about the 2019-2020 new school year and the promises it holds for our students, staff and community.
I encourage you to be an active part of your child’s educational experience. Here a few ways you can help us ensure your student's success from home:
- Ensure your student attends school daily, arrives to school on time, and is willing and ready to learn.
- Ensure that your student completes all assignments given by our teachers and reads informational materials and fiction as often as possible.
- Encourage your student to attend after school tutoring and Saturday Academy as needed.
- Stay in contact with your student's teachers and know that our administration and support staff are always here to help. Our school schedule is created so that your student’s teachers plan together during the day. A team meeting can be scheduled with parents at any time.
- Keep an eye on your student's grades and attendance. The PowerSchool parent portal will allow you to monitor grades and daily attendance. The login information can be obtained from our school counselors.
- Encourage your student to join the many extracurricular activities that Pembroke Middle School has to offer. Our school has an active Beta and NASA club, a superb Band and Choral program, and an outstanding athletic program.
At Pembroke Middle School, we believe that "Warriors are Out of this World." We believe that all students can learn and feel that it is our responsibility to ensure that we create a safe and inviting environment so that achievement can take place. I encourage you to read and discuss our student handbook with your child and to reach out to any member of our staff if you have questions.
As your principal, I practice an open door policy. When you have suggestions or concerns, please feel free to bring them to my attention. I can be contacted at 910-522-5013 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to an amazing school year.
Anthony A. Barton