Battle of the Books
The Battle of the Books Program:
- is a reading incentive program for students in grades 3-8 (we are in the Elementary Completion for second and third graders)
- used to encourage our students to read good books
- have FUN while reading the books.
To be a BOB team member, a student must:
- enjoy reading chapter books
- be a good reader
- read the 15 books from the BOB book list
- pass the AR quiz for each book with 80% or better
- attend weekly team meetings
- memorize all 15 book titles and authors
- have a good attitude in and out of class
- make up and study questions related to each book
- attend the Battle of the Books completion in January 2018.
A BOB "battle" for the Elementary Level (grades 2-4) consists of two full days of doing battle against the other Elementary School teams. Rounds are played and teams earn points by giving the correct answer to the questions.
*Coaches reserve the right to remove a team member from the team*