• Rowland-Norment was built in 1951 featuring twelve classrooms, a library, gymnasium and a cafeteria.  A wing with ten rooms was added in 1954.  Growth continued, the cafeteria was renovated and another wing with seven classrooms and a media center was dedicated in 2001. 
     
     
    Remember when....
     
    school front
     
     
     

    Now....

     
     now
     
    Miss Pennie Rowland, Miss Emma Norment and Miss Bunch Rowland were primary teachers that gave many years of service to the children of Lumberton.  Rowland-Norment was named in honor of these three dedicated women.

    Approximately five hundred and fifty students currently attend Rowland-Norment with a staff comprised of 73 persons.  The seven-acre campus is located on the East side of Lumberton on Godwin Avenue.