Roles & Responsibilities
- Organize, plan and implement peer mediation at the middle school level.
- Effectively communicate with various public.
- Utilize all available resources to assist students and parents/guardians in dealing with alcohol/drug abuse.
- Assist in the delivery, development, and maintenance of a Student/Parent Drug Education Program.
- Work effectively with parents, students, administrators, teachers, and community agency personnel in providing avenues for student substance abuse identification, referral, assessment, intervention and/or treatment.
- Assist in planning, implementing and monitoring the Safe School Plans in assigned school.
- Promote extra-curricular activities to encourage student involvement.
- serve as a mentor to all students, and an active participant in the North Carolina MTSS committee.
- Identify and interact with students who are considered at risk of academic failure due to behavior and other problems.
- Encourage parent involvement through volunteer activities.
- Assist in new student orientation.
- Complete monthly program reports and statistics while evaluating program effectiveness.
Staff Name: School Assigned
- Littlefield Middle School
- (910) 671-6065
- David Lewis
- Lumberton Junior High School
- (910) 735-2108
- Melody Locklear
- Red Springs Middle School
- (910) 843-3883
- Chansey Cannady
- Parkton Elementary School
- (910) 858-3951
- Michelle Martin
- Orrum Middle School
- (910) 628-8408
- Fairgrove Middle School
- (910) 628-8290