Parental Involvement Policy
In accordance with Title I Elementary and Secondary Education Act requirements, our Title I school will implement the following parent involvement policy.
- Parents reflecting the socioeconomic and racial diversity of our school will serve on the School Improvement Team (SIT). Our SIT will meet once a month to develop and implement school improvement strategies, the School Improvement Plan, Parent Involvement Policy, and other school wide programs.
- Provisions will be made for parents to receive information in a timely manner. Information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- School and district report cards,
- Student assessment results and interpretation of such results,
- Description of curriculum, State content standards, and how student progress is measured,
- Proficiency levels students are expected to meet,
- Opportunities for parent meetings to share in educational decision making,
- Qualifications of teachers,
- Timely responses to parents suggestions, and
- Inclusion of parents’ input on school wide school and district project plans.
- Our school will convene regular meetings at flexible times for parents throughout the school year for the purpose of planning, reviewing, sharing information, and organizing school improvement efforts.
- An Annual Title I public meeting will be held at 6:30 on November 13th, at RCC Student Center to discuss our school wide project, new federal regulations, and requirements as it relates to our Title I program and parents’ rights to be involved.
- A Parent/Student/School Learning Compact that outlines how parents, entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student achievement will be sent home for parent review.
- Parents are provided opportunities to meet regularly with school personnel to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children.
Parent involvement activities at our school include, but are not limited to:
- Open House August 2
- PTSO meetings 9/18, 11/6, 2/5, 4/16
- Parent Nights by Grade Level
- Student led parent conference 2/5/17
I have received and reviewed the Parent Involvement Policy for Robeson Early College.