2nd Grade Writing
2nd Grade - Writing
By the end of the school year, your child is expected to:
- Develop confidence as a writer.
- Recognize words that should be capitalized:
- days of the week
- months of the year
- first words in sentences
- names of special people and places
- Understand when to use specific punctuation marks:
. period - end of telling a sentence
? question mark - and of an asking sentence
! exclamation point - end of an exciting sentence
- Write in complete sentences.
- Produce stories of 5 or more related sentences with a flow from beginning to end.
- use detail in writing.
- Sequence events of own writing. Tie the thoughts together.
- Write answers to questions.
- Write about what is observed.
- Write a story with a beginning, middle, and ending.
- Write notes and invitations.
- Write a descriptive paragraph.
- Write about experiences.
- Begin to revise and edit own writi