The mission of the Pembroke Elementary School Library Media Center is to ensure that all students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
The goals of the Pembroke Elementary School Library Media Center and the School Library Media Specialist are to:
1. Provide access to materials in various formats to patrons.
2. Promote the enjoyment of reading, listening, and viewing materials.
3. Provide media and information related services that are integrated into the instructional program.
4. Encourage effective use of information.
5. Work to design strategies to meet the needs of students.
6. Cooperative plans with classroom teachers to create resource-based activities.
7. Acquire and maintain a collection that supports the curriculum and reading needs of the patrons.
8. Provide an atmosphere conducive to the learning and developing process.