- is a state supported program for all students enrolled in school whether public, private, charter, or licensed home school.
- is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training.
- is required for any person under the age of 18 desiring to receive a driver's license/learner's permit.
- is not part of the school day or of school curriculum, however; considered a "part of school life."
- is designed and dedicated to prepare our students for a lifetime skill that greatly enhances their quality of life.
Driver Education Goal and Objectives
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver the psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver. Communication with parents/guardians is an important key in accomplishing this goal.
- to provide an opportunity for the student to learn current motor vehicle laws
- to provide an opportunity for the student to develop the proper attitude toward driving
- to provide an opportunity for the student to be introduced to necessary skills needed in driving
To be Eligible for PSRC Driver Education You Must:
- be at least fourteen and a half years of age, but not more than eighteen years of age
- be actively enrolled in a public, private, charter, or licensed home school within Robeson County
- pay a $65.00fee as required by the NC General Assembly
- agree to abide by the PSRC Code of Student Conduct