English Language Learner Teacher-10 Months (2 Positions)
PUBLIC SCHOOLS OF ROBESON COUNTY
P.O. Box 2909
Lumberton, NC 28359
Phone: (910) 671-6000
DATE: September, 24, 2019
POSITION: ELL Teacher
SALARY $3,500.00 - $5,130.00
WORK LOCATION: To Be Determined
OVERALL GOAL: To provide extended opportunities for the district to improve the
quality of the Language Instruction Educational Program (LIEP)
DEADLINE DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS: Until filled
EMPLOYMENT: 10 months
• NC Teaching License in English as a Second Language
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Willingness to attend training (In-District and Out of District)
• Excellent leadership skills
• Willingness to plan and conduct staff development
• Proficient in technology skills
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of K-12 English Language Development Standard course of study
• Provides supplemental professional development for school ESL teachers through training sessions, observations, modeling, and coaching.
• Assists and supports school ESL teachers in development of formative assessments.
• Assists and supports in development of Title III plans as necessary.
• Supports school ESL teachers in improving the LIEP and supports training for classroom teachers in the area of English language acquisition.
• Explores school and district Limited English Proficient student data with ESL teachers to supplement planning for PLC discussions and more informed instructional decisions.
• Conducts a yearly district needs assessment in collaboration with Math, Science, ELA and AIG Coordinators.
• Works to improve and sustain a long-term professional growth framework that supports the implementation of services for English language learners in the district.
• Provide school ESL teachers with current research based best practices in the area of Second Language acquisition as well as corresponding literacy resources and materials.
• Attends and provides specialized leadership for district Professional Learning Communities.
• Collaborates with other district and school leaders to enhance targeted intervention support of English language learners.
• Works to extend and improve communication with parents and community in developing the district’s Title III Application.
• Attends district level Curriculum & Instruction meetings as needed.
• Stays current with professional literature, latest research, and best practices. Attends professional seminars, conventions, and other trainings to receive instruction in research-based. Second language acquisition strategies and how to work effectively with adult learners.
• Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Instructions to Applicants
1. The stated deadline will be strictly adhered to. All applications must be in the Human Resources Office of the Public Schools of Robeson County by 5:00 p.m. on the stated deadline date in order to be considered for the position.
2. New applicants should submit an On-Line Application and resume.
Active Applicants should inform us of their desire to be considered for this specific position.
Current Employees should submit resume/a written statement of their desire to be considered for this specific position.
Applications should be mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered to:
Public Schools of Robeson County
P.O. Drawer 2909
Lumberton, NC 28359
Telephone Number: (910) 671-6000
Public Schools of Robeson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applications be given equal consideration.