Women's Varsity Basketball Coach
PUBLIC SCHOOLS OF ROBESON COUNTY
P.O. DRAWER 2909
LUMBERTON, NC 28359
Fax (910) 370-9756
DATE: May 14, 2019
POSITION: Women’s Head Basketball Coach (Coaching Only)
(Coaches must be qualified and are hired for one season. Schools must hire qualified PSRC teachers in coaching positions, if available. Coaches who are not employees and/or PSRC teachers may be hired if no qualified PSRC teacher is available.)
1. PSRC Employee/Teacher $3,500 - $5,200 (Pay according to teacher salary schedule)
2. All other PSRC Employees (support staff, classified employee, etc.) $500
DEADLINE DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS: May 27, 2019
WORK LOCATION: Red Springs High School
- The Head Basketball Coach has the responsibility for the overall operation of the basketball program in accordance with Public Schools of Robeson County and North Carolina High School Athletic Association rules and regulations.
- The Head Basketball Coach has coaching responsibilities for the varsity team, but will be committed to working with all levels of the program.
- Provide vision, leadership and oversight for current, prospective, and transitioning student-athletes.
- Assists in the selection of assistant basketball coaches.
- Supervises and assigns duties to the assistant coaches.
- Evaluates assistant coaches.
- Supervises the cleaning, storage, and proper care of all equipment.
- Requisitions, through the principal or Athletic Director (school or county), supplies, uniforms, and all necessary equipment.
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the athletic program.
- Prepares daily practice schedule and conducts practice sessions.
- Follows county financial policies concerning the collection and receipting of funds.
- Prepares players both physically and mentally for interscholastic competition through practice, teaching of fundamental skills, and knowledge of rules.
- Checks eligibility forms and submits to the school Athletic Director.
- Sees that all physical and academic requirements are met by each player and submits such information to the Athletic Director in order to establish eligibility list.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid NC teaching license is desired.
- Prefer experience as a teacher or classified employee in the Public Schools of Robeson County.
- Prefer a NC Teaching License candidate or a full-time classified employee for the Public Schools of Robeson County.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport. (Basketball Program)
- Demonstrated ability to manage the basketball program through previous experience as a coach or player.
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The head coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- The stated deadline will be strictly adhered to. All applications must be in the Personnel Office of the Public Schools of Robeson County by 5:00 p.m. on the stated deadline date in order to be considered for the position.
- . New applicants should submit an On-Line Application and Resume.
. Active applicants should inform us of their desire to be considered for this specific position.
. Current Employees should submit a written statement of their desire to be considered for this specific position.
- Selection Process - All applications received for this position will be reviewed by the Superintendent and members of his/her administration. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. All applications will be retained on an active status for a period of one year.
Submit Application To:
Public Schools of Robeson County
P.O. Drawer 2909
Lumberton, NC 28359
Telephone Number: (910) 671-6000
FAX: (910) 370-9756
This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.
Public Schools of Robeson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin or handicap.