Having technology problems on campus?
Inability to Connect to the Network: Check to be sure your internet cord is plugged into the desktop. Two flashing lights should be visible if your connection is working. If you have no flashing lights, submit a work order for repair. When using a laptop, be sure the light above the antennae near the power indicator is lit up indicating connection to the network. If it isn't restart your computer. If this does not work, submit the work order request.
Inability to Access an Educational Website: Log off as a student, and log back in as a teacher. If you still have a blocked website, submit a unblock request via the Technology Services website on PSRC home.
Inability to Print from a Networked Computer: Check to be sure the computer that hosts the printer is powered on; if it is submit a work order. Networking printers is one of our biggest challenges and the consistency of the connection is challenged frequently.
If your computer indicates that your printer is offline….
- Make sure all computers all turned on.
- Look at the back of your printer and verify that the Internet is connected. You should see yellow or orange lights.
- Turn the printer off. Wait 7 seconds. Power the printer on.
- If steps 1-3 do not work, submit a work order.
Inability to View Computer Image on Smartboard: If the Smartboard displays the word "no signal", please press and hold the reset button (power button) for 7 seconds.
Inability to play sound on Smartboard:
If your SMARTBOARD does not have sound…..
- Click on control panel and select sound.
- Select panel 6065
- Click set as default
- Select OK
- If steps 1-4 do not work, remove the HDMI and USB cables from the computer then insert them again.
- If step 5 doesn’t work, turn everything off. Wait 7 seconds. Power the computer and board again.
- Before you give up, send me an email.
In order to submit a work order request or get some help from Mrs. Hammonds, please be sure to include the following information in your request via handwritten request or email.
1. Your name and room number
2. The host name of the computer or printer affected (usually begins with E407 and can be found on the home screen)
3. A general idea of the problem with error messages included (if applicable)