Whistle Blower Information
US Education DepartmentOffice of Inspector General Hotline
Whistle Blower Links:
Activities protected under the ARRA whistle blower provision, Section 1553(a):
- …information that the employee reasonably believes is evidence of:
- gross mismanagement of an agency contract or grant relating to covered funds*;
- a gross waste of covered funds;
- a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety related to the implementation or use of covered funds;
- an abuse of authority related to the implementation or use of covered funds; or
- a violation of law, rule, or regulation related to an agency contract (including the competition for or negotiation of a contract) or grant, awarded or issued relating to covered funds.
* covered funds: “any contract, grant, or other payment received by any non-Federal employer if—(A) the Federal Government provides any portion of the money or property that is provided, requested, or demanded; and (B) at least some of the funds are appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act.” 1553(g)(2).