What do I need to bring to register my child?

To register a child for the first time in the Public Schools of Robeson County, you will need:

  • Certified Birth certificate

  • Complete Immunization Record

  • Health Assessment (completed within one year prior to the first day of school)

  • Social Security Number

  • Utility Bill is required at some schools

When should I register my child for school?

You may go to the school your child will attend during the registration period. Please view the Kindergarten Registration Schedule for more information. If you are new to the area, you are encouraged to register your child as soon as possible. Previous school records or report cards help schools place students.

Which school will my child attend?

All boundary and school location questions can be answered by calling the TIMS Department at 910-671-6000 ext 1600 or 910-737-5255. The Transportation Department can be reached at 910-739-4743 or 910-671-6000 ext 1402.

The Public Schools of Robeson County enrollment process allows consideration for free, safe, and fun Pre-K program options. Participating programs include Title I Preschool and the NC Pre-K.

  • Enrollment into the Title I Preschool Program is based on the academic needs of the child.

  • Enrollment into the NC Pre-K Program is prioritized for families with low incomes and other related eligibility requirements.

When your application is processed, your child will be considered for the program that best matches your family based on the criteria.  


Parents should understand how regular school attendance affects their child's academic performance. They should also stay abreast of any changes in programs and guidelines as well as graduation requirements. Parents should be familiar with course offerings, career tracks, changes in promotion/retention policy changes as well as courses taken by your child. The child's grades and courses should be watched closely. Its also important to be involved in helping to map out your child's career plan. For more information, contact the school counselor.

Its also important that you and your child carefully inspect the report card which is issued every nine weeks. Make certain that your both understand the grades. If you don't, you should schedule a conference with your child's teacher. That's a good time to check on your child's progress and offer to cooperate with the teacher in helping your child to do better. Assure your child that you and the teacher are working together because you both care. It could make a difference in grades.

Media Use and Release

Pictures and/or Videos of Students of the Public Schools of Robeson County

Photo release forms are sent home with students at the start of the school year. Please indicate whether you would consent to or object to a photo of your child and/or a video of your child taken on a school bus, on school grounds, in school buildings, at school activities, or at school sporting events and released on our social media pages, newsletters, videos or in news stories in media outlets. You may do so by filling out the photo/media release form distributed by your child's school and posted on the website. It can be accessed by visiting PSRC's homepage and clicking the "Parents" dropdown menu, "For Parents" and "Student Photo Release Forms" tabs. It can also be accessed below.


Does your child need health insurance?

Your child may qualify for free or low-cost health insurance programs in North Carolina called Health Check and NC Health Choice. They offer a wide range of benefits, including vision and dental coverage. To check income guidelines or get an application, visit:

or call 910-671-3200.

The School Nurse at your child's school can also assist you with this.


This law allows parents/guardians of students to inspect all educational records maintained on their children by the Public Schools of Robeson County. That includes the right to request explanations and interpretations of the records and the right to obtain copies of the records at no more than ten cents per page (the cost of copying). Either natural parent, a legal guardian (e.g., foster parent) may exercise all parent rights unless the school has evidence of a court order or law to the contrary. Copies may be obtained from the school of attendance by contacting the principal. Should parent/guardian feel the need to file a complaint about the confidentiality requirements, they should contact the Public Schools of Robeson County at (910) 671-6000

With certain exceptions, others require written parent/guardian permission to examine records. Unless there is written request to the contrary, information such as address, phone number and birth date may be released without permission. Student records are kept at the last school attended by the student. If it is no longer operating, then they are at the nearest school to it. Principal must give permission to see them. Objections to any part of the record must be in writing. If any parents or eligible students believe any of their rights have been violated, a complaint may be filed with the U.S. Department of Education.

See the Student Records section of the Board of Education Policy Manual.


Senate Bill 444, referred to as “Garrett’s Law,” was signed by Governor Easley on July 17, 2004. Garrett’s Law mandates that at the beginning of every school year, local boards of education shall ensure that schools provide parents and guardians with information about meningococcal meningitis and influenza and their vaccines. This law had been updated and beginning in July 2007, information about Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and the HPV vaccine will also be provided to parents and guardians at the beginning of every school year.

To learn more, please visit:


Your child's medical health information will be used and/or disclosed to teachers and other school staff, as needed to provide care and manage your child's health condition(s) during the school day, in accordance with State and Federal Privacy Practices.